June 7th, 2016
Thank you for being a part of our mission to raise awareness of sudden cardiac arrest among parents, educators, and physicians. Until EKGs are a standardized part of well-child exams and pre-participation sports physicals, we will continue to seek out heart anomalies that unknowingly put kids at risk. We want to assure you that students’ confidentiality, privacy and individual modesty will be respected throughout all aspects of the program.
Heart screenings are completely painless and non-invasive. There are no needles or x-ray exposure. It consists of:
- A 12 lead EKG. Small patches with a mild adhesive will be placed on the teen’s chest, legs and arms. Electrodes are attached to the patches and the heart’s electrical activity is recorded.
- A cardiologist will review the results and you will be contacted by email or a phone call with the results within 30 days.
- This process takes approximately 30 minutes depending on wait times.
- We strongly urge you to share the results with your own family doctor so that it becomes a part of your teen’s medical chart.
THIS IS IMPORTANT:
- All teens under the age of 18 must have the permission form signed by a parent or guardian.
- Pre-registration and payment of $20.00 is required.
- No refunds will be possible for cancellations or no-shows.
- On the day of the screening, teens should wear a t-shirt, sweat pants or sport shorts.
- Girls should wear a sports bra. Girls will be asked to remove the t-shirt but will keep the sports bra on at all times, and will be screened by female health professionals in an area separate from boys. Paper gowns will be provided if requested.
With your help, we can create a heart safe place to learn and play.
PLEASE NOTE: You may sign up more than one child, but each child must be registered individually to collect the correct information about each child.
June 6, 2016
7:00 am - 7:00 pm
Venue: Sacred Heart School