Information for Host Schools and Screening Sponsors
Thank you for your interest in hosting or sponsoring a Teen Heart Screening event. Via Heart Project is committed to providing youth in our community access to heart screenings, regardless of household income. Working with organizations like yours, we are able to bring potentially life-saving tests to youth throughout Northern California. With your help we’ll identify genetic heart defects in young people ages 12–25, before it’s too late!
Host Application – Complete both steps below to secure a screening date!
Host Application must be completed and submitted to email@example.com to secure a screening date!
STEP 1: Open the Teen Heart Screening Host Application below to see the full application.
Key information to have before you apply:
- What entities will you apply to for sponsorship?
- Confirm understanding/commitment to securing funding for the total sponsorship amount.
- Confirm understanding/commitment to provide custodial services on Saturday and Sunday of the screening weekend.
- Describe your plan to feed 125-150 volunteers breakfast, snacks, drinks, and lunch.
- Your first and second choice for screening dates. (see available dates below)
- The name, email, and phone number of the primary person who will be responsible for all contact with Via Heart Project.
- Submit Via Heart Project’s host agreement that has been read and signed by the school’s Principal, Vice Principal, or decision maker from the school district. Submit to firstname.lastname@example.org
Click on the DOWNLOAD PDF buttons below for host and sponsor agreements and details.
Once Via Heart Project has received your completed application and host agreement, signed by the appropriate administrator, you will be considered for an available screening date.
Sponsors subsidize the cost of screenings so they remain free of charge for students and families regardless of income or ability to pay. The audience for a screening event is up to 750 youth along with their families, school staff, media outlets, and over 120 Northern California medical and non-medical volunteers. An estimated 20,000 families and 2,000 volunteers receive information about each event.
- A special sponsorship in the memory of a loved one lost to cardiac arrest
- All the benefits of the Annual Platinum Sponsor for the entire calendar year
- A vertical banner at all events with your loved one’s picture and story
- Logo printed prominently on Via screening trailer, parked visibly at all Via screening events
- Logo on main Screening Page of Via Website
- All Gold, Silver, & Bronze benefits for ALL events in the entire calendar year
- Logo in all event promotional material
- Special thanks and recognition at morning “all-hands” meeting
- ALL Silver and Bronze level benefits
- Signage throughout event
- Banner displayed at event (provided by sponsor)
- ALL Bronze level benefits
- Logo on all volunteer t-shirts
- Booth at event (products and services may be promoted but not sold)
- Logo on registration portal
- Logo on press releases
Via Heart Project Screening Numbers!
Number of screenings: 15
Total screened: 5,584
Total identified requiring follow-up: 59
Available Screening Dates
(subject to change)
♥ November 8, 2020 ♥ February 21st, 2021 ♥ April 18th, 2021 ♥ September 12th, 2021 ♥ November 7th, 2021 ♥